Oct 19 2016
Sky Q, the next generation box, now enables customers to watch their favourite TV on their mobile, with the new Sky Q smartphone app. For the first time customers will be able to access their downloaded recordings, browse Top Picks, and stream live and On Demand shows when they’re out and about, on their phone.
So whether they’re enduring the daily commute or working out on the treadmill, customers will be able to access their recordings or continue watching their favourite TV shows. From critically acclaimed The Night Of, to the new Premier League football season and blockbusters like The Martian and Minions, customers will never again miss a moment of the most talked about, exclusive shows. Customers with iPhone’s and Androids can download the app from 18 October 2016.
The Sky Q mobile app will give customers great features, including:
- Recordings: Download recordings to your phone whilst at home and then watch them when you’re out and about, without the need for internet connection. Go to On My iPhone or On My Phone to find recordings downloaded before leaving the house. Or when at home you can access your Recordings on your phone from the Sky Q box.
- Streaming: Stream live and On Demand programmes on your phone, from sport to box sets, movies and much more. Simply press the play icon or Select Watch Online on the programme you want to watch, or Download for later.
- Top Picks: Find recommendations from the best of live and On Demand TV and start watching.
- Remote Record and Download: Never miss the latest episode in a series again. Manage recordings and downloads to the Sky Q box when out and about with the mobile app.
- My Q: Whilst at home, quickly and easily find the shows you didn’t manage to finish or the next episode in a series you’re watching, all in one place. Just pause and carry on.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Brand Director of TV and Content Products, commented: “We know Sky Q customers love the flexibility of watching TV on their terms. The new Sky Q mobile app will give them even more freedom to watch their recordings, access Top Picks, and stream live and On Demand TV when they’re out and about. So if it’s The Night Of box set, live Premier League or Sky original The Young Pope, Sky Q customers can now look forward to their daily commute or long car journey, while they catch up on the latest and best TV from Sky.”
With the Sky Q mobile app, customers will also have access to the TV Guide, Catch Up TV, My Photos and more. And with great new shows joining Sky, like hotly anticipated Westworld, brand new series of A League Of Their Own and returning Sky originals Fortitude and Lucky Man later in the year, Sky Q customers will find it easier to catch up on their favourite shows, wherever they are, in and out of the home.
Sky Q is a great new way for customers to experience TV on their terms, with brilliant new features like the ability to record and store more shows than ever before, watch TV and recordings on any screen around the home, and take recordings out and about, even without internet connection.
All of these changes reflect Sky’s commitment to giving customers innovative new ways to watch more of the best TV, from live sports to original Sky drama, blockbuster movies and the best from the US.